Go Down

Topic: New User on Arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

calvynlee

hi ... I am a new user toward Arduino, anyone can recommend where I can get an arduino?

larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Robin2

Also ...

Ebay.

Any of the many hobby and professional electronic component suppliers.

Google is your friend.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

NoraTheDoggo

Um... Amazon has a bunch of nice fake arduinos that usually work well at a low price. Here's the ones I bought, and they worked out of the box great.

https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-Arduino-ATmega328P-Without-Compatible/dp/B0713XK923/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1546217833&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=arduino+nano&psc=1
I like cooking children and Arduinos
Is not the same as: I like cooking, children, and Arduinos
Grammar matters!

Robin2

Um... Amazon has a bunch of nice fake arduinos
As far as I can see they are clones. I don't think it is fair to call them fakes. At least in my mind "fake" implies illegality or, at best, cheating. Making clone Arduinos is perfectly legal and respectable - the designs for the hardware are OpenSource.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

larryd

Um... Amazon has a bunch of nice fake arduinos that usually work well at a low price. Here's the ones I bought, and they worked out of the box great.

https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-Arduino-ATmega328P-Without-Compatible/dp/B0713XK923/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1546217833&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=arduino+nano&psc=1
Buying from the Arduino store, at least buying one, helps pay for this forum and IDE improvements.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

NoraTheDoggo

As far as I can see they are clones. I don't think it is fair to call them fakes. At least in my mind "fake" implies illegality or, at best, cheating. Making clone Arduinos is perfectly legal and respectable - the designs for the hardware are OpenSource.

...R
That's what I meant. Thanks for the correction.

Buying from the Arduino store, at least buying one, helps pay for this forum and IDE improvements.

Very good point, but on a budget amazon is as great place.
I like cooking children and Arduinos
Is not the same as: I like cooking, children, and Arduinos
Grammar matters!

Robin2

I agree with the idea of supporting Arduino development but  genuine Arduino boards can be bought from many suppliers, not just from the Arduino store

...R

Go Up