Go Down

Topic: DUE is the most annoying garbage EVER !!! (Read 682 times) previous topic - next topic

phil123456

Dec 27, 2018, 05:07 pm Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018, 05:10 pm by phil123456
Hello,

I am so sick and tired of spending at least 30 f@#king minutes to figure how to program that p@#!ยง of s@#!

last time I used the "programing port", now it does not work any more, but I can program it through the "native port"...after 30 minutes..out of nowhere...why ? ? ? why did it change ? ? ? I use the same PC, same cable , same ide and same config ! ! !

I keep fiddeling around changing the port in the IDE and the usb connector I use trying to find the right combination, this is LUDICROUS ! !

then suddently, out of nowhere it starts working and I dont know why

why are there 2 PORTS ON THAT THING ? ? ?

why is it so cryptic and complicated ? ? ? ?

I feel like I am missing something, it drives me mad beyond belief

I am almost scared of using it, knowing I am going to spend the rest of my day trying to make that sh!t work

regards

ard_newbie

ballscrewbob

64 posts and yet unable to find the DUE specific section.

Let me help you out with that by moving it there for you.
When it gets there you might consider reading more of the posts in that section too.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Idahowalker

I found the DUE quite easy to use and of all the Arduino products it is my favorite board.

It is well documented why there is 2 USB ports on the DUE.

I use the programming port. After changing ports you should look at the other board settings to make sure they are correct.

How can one do the same thing over and over again and expect different results?

With the DUE disconnected from your computer and the IDE open make note of the ports. Plug in the Due, programming port, and recheck the available ports, did the ports change?

I suggest you find out the reason why you should be quite cautions on using the non programming port to upload a program to the DUE. That way, if you tried to upload a program using the non-programming port, you'll understand why you may have fracked up the DUE.

The first test of an upload could be a blank sketch.

And if you give up, I'll take the DUE off your hands for 5USD including shipping. Also, if you cannot get a DUE to work, don't try to get an ESP32 or a STM32 to work.

phil123456

found this

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=256771.msg2512504#msg2512504

so I was right

Go Up