Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 4 inch 7 segment display - datasheet  (Read 2025 times)
Bangalore, India
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I recently bought huge 4 inch 7 segment display from a local shop. It has 10 pins like the normal 7 segment display.

Unfortunately there is no part number on it and I am not able to find the datasheet for it.

I want to know what is the operating voltage for them. Has anybody used them before?

Checkout some of my Arduino projects and tutorials

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Two questions come in mind:
- Do you have a photo to share as we cannot see what you can see ....
- Did you ask the local shop?

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Indian Ocean
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I recently bought huge 4 inch 7 segment display from a local shop. It has 10 pins like the normal 7 segment display.

Unfortunately there is no part number on it and I am not able to find the datasheet for it.

I want to know what is the operating voltage for them. Has anybody used them before?

This is a Link to a Data sheet of a 4 inch 7 Segment LED Display. If You also have 10 pins it should be probably the same connection schema. Best You measure the decimal pin with an ohm meter so You know its Common Analog or Common Cathode. The Voltage from the ohm meter should be just enough to check the Dp LED. Careful the polarity of the ohm meter is opposite of the red/black cable.  Than You can use a 12 Volt supply with an 1 Kohm resistor to test all the other segments and measure the actual LED forward voltage on them.

http://www.nb-flying.com/images/NFD-40011ABx-12.pdf

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: