Go Down

Topic: Upgradable Firmware feature for Arduino based projects (Read 138 times) previous topic - next topic

zubuyer

Hi There!

This is my first post here! For the past couple of months I've been teaching myself electronics and got into Arduino. It's fascinating and I got a lot of help from this community. You can say I've found my new passion.

I've been working on a few projects already. For one of them, I'm thinking it would be really cool to have an upgradable firmware feature, where the user can simply hook it up to a computer download and install a new and improved firmware without installing the IDE (just like commercial products).

I would really appreciate if anyone of you nice people can give me some feedback on this topic. Sorry if someone already asked the same or similar question. Feel free to point me to that topic if already answered.

Thank you a bunch in advance!

-Z

spycatcher2k

Well covered in the forum, AVRDUDE is used with command line switches, so a Python, C++, C# VB application would be easy.

I've got a few projects in the field with clients that use this 'feature'.
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

zubuyer

Well covered in the forum, AVRDUDE is used with command line switches, so a Python, C++, C# VB application would be easy.

I've got a few projects in the field with clients that use this 'feature'.
Thank you! I'll look into it.

Robin2

I use this Python program to compile and upload programs using the Arduino IDE command-line. It should be possible to adapt it to your requirement.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up