Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A new chip in UNO and Arduino does not work  (Read 654 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,
I bought ATmega328 with Arduino Bootloader http://pvelectronic.inshop.cz/inshop/scripts/shop.aspx?action=DoChangeLanguage&LangID=4
I assumed that if I will insert this chip in Arduino UNO,I will be able to work as usual.
Unfortunatelly,I am unable to upload sketch,but if I insert old chip (=supplied with UNO),Arduino operates again normally.
Where is a problem?

Sorry for my bad English.

View Profile

Message is :
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

IIRC, the bootloader in the Arduino UNO is different from the bootloader in the Arduino Duemilanove; that vendor doesn't state which bootloader it is using. Do you know which bootloader is on the chip? Also, though I can't exactly remember - I think there is an option under the board types to select either the UNO or the Duemilanove; you might try changing that to the Duemilanove and see if that helps (though I think it still might not work - I think there are differences between the FTDI and 8u2 USB interfaces on each board). I am sure someone else has experienced a similar issue; you probably would have to update the boards.txt file to detail that you are using an UNO with the Duemilanove bootloader on the 328. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

View Profile

When I changed board to Duemilanove,it uploaded my sketch.
Thanks a lot.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

When I changed board to Duemilanove,it uploaded my sketch.
Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear it! Just remember to set it back if you pop in the other chip. What you might want to do is get a little sticker or something to mark each chip as to which bootloader it has on it (heck, even a small dot of paint or nail polish would work).

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Swannanoa, New Zealand
New To Arduino (and C)
View Profile

Guys
thanks for the info....
I also tried using my UNO for the first time.
Loaded the driver for it, and it came up with the same getsync and protocol errors.

Sketch loaded into a Duemilanove okay, so the sketch isn't faulty.

I might have to try your suggestions, and program it as a Duemilanove and retry it.
I'm using #0021 and downloaded #0022 last night but have't installed it, so that may help.

Cheers
Mark

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

If that's a new uno and not a new chip then there will be something else that is the issue.
Try searching the forum - there are many, many possible solutions to this problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: