Go Down

Topic: Ardumoto Voltage Source (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

nighterfighter

Apr 19, 2011, 01:24 am Last Edit: Apr 19, 2011, 01:35 am by nighterfighter Reason: 1
Hey guys-

I got my Ardumoto pins soldered in, and everything seems to work.

However, I don't know how to provide power for my motors. I know if I used the barrel jack port on the Arduino itself, it would give the power to the Arduomoto to power the motors, but I don't have a power supply, only some AAA batteries and a battery holder for them.

Can I directly solder the leads into the VIN ports on the Ardutoto? If so, which ones do i use? (There are 2 sets, one inside a white box, one outside, although the traces seem to go to the same spot.)

Edit: Although I was reading that the Ardumoto logic can use either the 3.3V OR the 5V pin... If that is the case, can I use the 5V pin for my motors, and somehow set the 3.3V pin to be the logic power?

MarkT

The Vin pin is the one for the motors, The +5 is only for logic.  Best to connect power directly to the Ardumoto board to avoid high currents through the shield pins (which aren't rated for high current).  From Sparkfun's page I only see one pad for Vin and thats the one for the shield pins though.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy