Go Down

Topic: "YOUR BOAT IS SINKING" SMS FROM IPHONE CONTROLLED BY ARDUINO (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jackrae

Another case of using technology for the sake of it, rather than curing the original problem.
Better to spend some money on recaulking the boat to keep the water out which will make it safe and reliable.  There is never an adequate excuse for tolerating a leaky boat. 
Then as suggested buy a reliable self monitoring bilge pump. 
Once the boat has properly wetted the planks will swell and become tighter than they will be if they've been allowed to dry out.

Khalid

Setup a small Solar panel-windmill combination. This will be as cheap as you want i.e. either go to DIY way or get expensive by shopping...but definitly this backup power will help your boat unsinkable.. ;)

zoomkat

I'd skip the Rube Goldburg solutions and just make some water wings for the boat to keep it from sinking. Styrofoam blocks or even floats made from a lot of 2 liter plastic drink bottles would be more reliable for keeping the boat afloat. 
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Khalid

Go Up