I would like to read the data from the instrument
If it is possible with Arduino Uno or any other model, then what are the components are required for this.
1. Maximum how many instruments can we connect with one Arduino Uno?
2. Can we get the acknowledgement for each packet of data sent by Arduino?
3. If any network failure occurs, will the Arduino stores the data till it send?
If you want you can refer "Environment s.a" companies instrument manuals. There are lots of instruments of this kind.
1. Can you elaborate how to create hardware serial port to connect to instrument.
2. Once the instrument is connected and run the program, arduino uno will read the data from instrument and transmits to the PC through internet either by wifi or eathernet. If I have the internet in my PC, how can I receive and store the data. Is there any other arduino or any hardware is required. Please explain.
3. First of all I would like to test whether I am able to read the data from the instrument. For that I thought to connect my PC to instrument (keeping both near by) through micro controller. That is why I am asking for two serial ports. If it success, then, I will try to connect through internet either by Eathernet or GSM etc.
In the instrument manual, it is clearly noted that if the instrument is directly connected to a terminal or PC, only RX, TX and Ground wires are used. I think it is not real RS232.
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16