Go Down

Topic: Compatibility with C# programs. (Read 112 times) previous topic - next topic

I have a project and need to link my PC with hardware to switched on and off and need to do this from my developed application on C# , so what is the hardware i need it and is it applicable to send the command to the hardowar from PC by C# program.

KeithRB

Feb 26, 2015, 06:16 pm Last Edit: Feb 26, 2015, 06:17 pm by KeithRB
The arduino does not care what program sends it the data. As long as you can send it down the virtual "serial port" connected to the USB.

jurs

so what is the hardware i need it
Arduino board and USB cable.

If you want to switch more than 20mA @5V DC, perhaps also transistors or some kind of relays module board.

If you want to keep "Serial" for serial debugging connection during software development, you proably also would need an "TTL-USB serial adapter" to establish a second connection to your PC for your PC software, so you can have one serial connection from the Arduino to your PC software and one other serial connection to the serial monitor for debugging reasons.

and is it applicable to send the command to the hardowar from PC by C# program.
The programming language used doesn't matter. What matters is:
- your programming language must be able to deal with serial ports
- both of your programs on the PC and the Arduino must provide a compatible transmission protocol.

robertanthony02

Feb 26, 2015, 06:40 pm Last Edit: Feb 26, 2015, 06:41 pm by robertanthony02
MODERATOR: Just noticed that the reply count on this thread is actually 2 (minus my reply) but it says 0 on the main board page.  This thread was moved, so perhaps when threads are moved the reply count is reset or is tracked on a per board basis.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you guys aren't already aware.

UPDATED:  Interesting.  After making this post the reply count updated to 3!  Guess it does get reset to 0 when moved.

Robin2

This demo shows how to communicate with an Arduino using Python. The same general principles will apply in any language.

...R

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy