Go Down

Topic: Real Time Plotting Tool ( Oscilloscope ) (Read 52 times) previous topic - next topic

Brijesh

In short: You have made a great tool which allows fast (quickly installed and very basic code changes) and appropriate action.

Thanks a lot

Glad you found the tool useful. Sorry for late reply. I am having difficulty with new reply notifications. For some reason the message board does not send me notifications all the time.

apiet107

I am only sending 1 string of data -- I have the baud rate configured correctly but I am just getting the same character printed over and over again. Did not modify your code in anyway. Screenshot is attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brijesh

apiet,

You should send data in a proper packet, which has header and size. If you send any data without a packet then it just prints it to text area. This feature is there so that you can print helpful debug and other messages as well as plot data.

Please read the description of packet on the website and use the library that I have provided.

cheers

sriramv

Thank You, everybody on this forum! This kind of acted as an unofficial datasheet!  :)

Works great with PSoC too!  ]:D

Data packet (FOR SINGLE CHANNEL) from the PSoc should be sent as

(0xAB, 0xCD, 0x02, 0x00, DATA LSB, DATA MSB).

RoseOn92

Thank you for developing such a great tool.  :)
I have a question. Is it possible to plot float type data instead of integer?
As I tried to monitor a float type data (which is around 0.14-0.20) but Simplot kept on showing 0 which makes sense since it is integer type. Anyway I can tweak around to display a float type data?

Thanks in advance.

Go Up