Go Down

Topic: How to attach a potentiometer to a servo motor shaft (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

raschemmel

I am inclined to request/demand a drawing but I  fear that probably doesn't exist either.
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

birddseedd

I am inclined to request/demand a drawing but I  fear that probably doesn't exist either.

I could just take pictures of it.

raschemmel

Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

wvmarle

I could just take pictures of it.
33 replies in I'd say it's about time you start doing those things. Or do you really have the feeling you're getting anywhere with this thread? I for one don't.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

birddseedd

33 replies in I'd say it's about time you start doing those things. Or do you really have the feeling you're getting anywhere with this thread? I for one don't.
I'm learning. that's the point. I've also been dealing with an emergency c section. But i do have a grasp on what type of servo will allow me to read position with it being powered down. Of course, now that i'm starting to put all this together, i'm starting to question everything. pro's and con's to everything

birddseedd

birddseedd

so. if i build a bracket allowing me to attach at one of the two bolts, i measured 10 lbs of force to go forward 3.5 inches over about 4 seconds and 15 lbs backward about 2.5 inches over about 2 seconds.

so i need to figure out what strength servo i can use to obtain this. i can put a lever on the shaft to get the throw i need, but that means a stronger servo will be needed at the short end of a lever.

raschemmel

I don't see that working witha motor.
That looks more like acuator application.

birddseedd

I don't see that working witha motor.
That looks more like acuator application.
that would make some things a lot easier. but the problem that i run into is that you can not move an actuator manually. I need to be able to run the mower by hand while recording the positions, then i know the positions and times that need to be sent back to the motor. to use an actuator i would have to build controls with joysticks and run the machine that way. which can be done, just isn't a great way of doing it.

outsider

15 lbs of force on the handle that appears to be at least 16 inches from the pivot point? 20 pound feet of torque? Oh my, looks like a big gearmotor with an electromagnetic release clutch for manual operation.

birddseedd

15 lbs of force on the handle that appears to be at least 16 inches from the pivot point? 20 pound feet of torque? Oh my, looks like a big gearmotor with an electromagnetic release clutch for manual operation.
how do i work with the draw weight i measured? how do i convert it to something that is repeatable to motor specs?

wvmarle

That 20 foot-pound is your motor torque specification.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

birddseedd

That 20 foot-pound is your motor torque specification.
How do i calculate that. i apologize for asking. i just need to know how to do it so next time i do a project like this i won't have to ask.

Willpatel_Kendmirez

20 foot-pound
How do i calculate that.
It's the product of the force and the distance at which it acts from the pivot.

So 15lbs at 16" is 15 x 1.33' = 20

Willpatel_Kendmirez

I've also been dealing with an emergency c section.
Why was it important for the forum to know that?

Go Up