Go Down

Topic: not recognizing COM port (Read 145 times) previous topic - next topic

bikeman

Jan 11, 2019, 07:32 pm Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019, 07:35 pm by bikeman
I teach a high school course using Arduino boards. Over the past 3 days I've had a rash of (3) boards that Arduino IDE is not recognizing when the board is plugged into the COM port. The power light on the Arduino board is on, so it is getting power. Also when we go to device manager and we plug in the USB cable the Arduino board briefly pops up and then disappears.

Paul_KD7HB

I teach a high school course using Arduino boards. Over the past 3 days I've had a rash of (3) boards that Arduino IDE is not recognizing when the board is plugged into the COM port. The power light on the Arduino board is on, so it is getting power. Also when we go to device manager and we plug in the USB cable the Arduino board briefly pops up and then disappears.
Did you use the other cable you have? IF so, then the connector on the Arduino boards has a problem.

Paul

spycatcher2k

Would you like to share the model of Arduino you have?

Arduino board briefly pops up
Erm, Are you sure, that sound terminal.

Do you mean your computer shows a com port for a short period, that then vanishes?

What OS do you have? Has it had ANY updates at all applied in the last 3 days?
Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

Go Up