Go Down

Topic: unexpected blinking led (Read 676 times) previous topic - next topic

histteval

hi, i'm new with arduino. I've just got my board, connected a led to pin 12 with a 1kohm resistor and loaded a code to turn on the led. But when the program starts the led starts to blink all the time. Is this normal?
if i connect the led to pin 13 and turn it on, the on board led turns on and stays like that, but the led connected to the pin blinks. i don't know if this is normal. how do u do to have a non-blinking led?

thank you for your help

RuggedCircuits

There are self-blinking LED's out there. Any chance you got one of those? Do you know where you got the LED from?

--
The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

Luigi_xp

1kohm is too much for a led. for blue, white and green leds use a 100ohm. for other colors and low brightness use 220ohm.

James C4S

1kohm is too much for a led.

No, 1Kohm is probably fine.   In fact, the LED on the Arduino's Pin 13 has a series 1Kohm.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

histteval

thanks. i tracked back the series number of the led and found out its a blinking led.

thank you very much for the help :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy