Go Down

Topic: Arduino GPS shields (Read 248 times) previous topic - next topic

tnkumar

Any recommendation for Arduino GPS shields?
I have the Elegoo Robot car v3 and it does not follow a straight line always.
I am wondering if it will be possible to have a GPS module and use that to define the path to follow?

Idahowalker

Adafruit UltimateGPS is my recommendation for a shield.

CrossRoads

GPS has +/- meters of accuracy tho. Straight line following could be even wilder.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Willpatel_Kendmirez

it does not follow a straight line always.
When you say follow a line, do you mean as in tracking say a black tape on a white floor? Or do you just mean if you command it to "goForward" or similar, it veers to one side?

And you say it doesn't always follow its line: does that mean that sometimes it does? Can you isolate the circumstances under which it does / not?

tnkumar

I am not tracking a tape. When I say "Forward", it veers to one side.
I stated the situation incorrectly. It always veers to one side.
Also, it has 4 DC motors and has 4 commands in the UI - forward, backward, right and left.

tnkumar

GPS has +/- meters of accuracy tho. Straight line following could be even wilder.
Subsequent to asking the question, I came across this on the Internet
https://marvelmind.com/

It claims that the GPS works internally and has +/- 2cm accuracy.
It seems expensive and would like to check if anyone has experience with this or similar and used with Arduino based robots

Willpatel_Kendmirez

Perhaps the wheel on one side is slightly faster or has a slightly larger circumference.

Go Up