Go Down

Topic: Small negative voltage on analog input (Read 574 times) previous topic - next topic

Gudas

Hello.
I have just one easy question - will a small negative voltage on the analog input damage the Arduino board (Mega 2560)?
My project involves reading some volages from a measuring circuit, and sometimes (when the measured device operates at a higher frequency than the op-amp in the circuit can handle accurately), about -10mV to -15mV appears on the analog input. Is this a problem for the board?

retrolefty

Hello.
I have just one easy question - will a small negative voltage on the analog input damage the Arduino board (Mega 2560)?
My project involves reading some volages from a measuring circuit, and sometimes (when the measured device operates at a higher frequency than the op-amp in the circuit can handle accurately), about -10mV to -15mV appears on the analog input. Is this a problem for the board?

Shouldn't be a problem. The negative spec is -.5 below ground I believe. That's when the internal negative clamping diode will start to conduct and it can only handle a small amount of current. So -10 - -15 mv should not be a problem in my opinion.

Lefty

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy