Go Down

Topic: Possible to make wheeled robot travel to transmitter 50 feet away? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

AWOL

Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

That's cheating - it's the robot that's supposed to steer.

Your problem isn't really one of telemetry (unless both you and your robot are equipped with GPS), but of knowing what the strength of the radio signal is.
Few cheap radio modules provide this information.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

retrolefty

I think trying to home in on a RF signal is pretty much a non-starter as the needed antenna directionality and required precision of receive signal strength would not be cost or size efficient. IR or ultrasonic detection on a scanning head of the robot would probably be a more practical method.

Lefty

Sickopuppie

I'm trying to make a robot that can keep up with a person who is running.  Will an IR Sensors/Ultrasonic sensors be able to do that?  Does that mean the person running should be carrying something that emits ultrasonic sounds?

AWOL

I'm trying to make a robot that can keep up with a person who is running.  Will an IR Sensors/Ultrasonic sensors be able to do that?

This is a very difficult problem.
I don't think a microcontroller has sufficent "poke".

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Sickopuppie

Exactly.  I apologize for not being so clear.  I would think RF Signals would be the way to go.  However, I have no idea how to go about using them.  Are there any books out there that can teach me?

Go Up