Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Piezo Vibration Sensor  (Read 584 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi there, I am very very new to electronics in general and hoping to work on a project with the arduino and some vibration and light sensors.

I was wondering if there was an affordable kit I could buy that will allow me to monitor what each sensors is actually doing? From my understanding, most of these sensors produces a current when triggered, in this case a vibration or light, but different level of vibration or brightness would produce different voltage, would a simple volt meter do the job? Or are there more specified kit? Find it quite difficult to work on these sensors as I'm not really getting any feedback, can't easily tell if they are working or how to monitor the intensity, thank you!

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Sounds like you need an oscilloscope.
check out www.dpscope.com, I use this when I am debugging and want to see what signals are doing.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Australia
char CoolThings[] = "Vegemite", "Swimming", "Arduino";
View Profile

From my understanding, most of these sensors produces a current when triggered, in this case a vibration or light...

This depends on what sensors you have; solar panels will produce a current when light hits it, whereas a photoresistor (aka Light Dependant Resistor or LDR) will change it's resistance depending on the amount of light energy.  I just thought you should know that for future reference  smiley. By the way, CrossRoads is right.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: