Go Down

Topic: Sending AT commands to Siemens CX65 cellphone (Read 2005 times) previous topic - next topic

Messerschmitt

Hello, guys! I have Arduino mega 2560. The problem is that my phone don't wanna listen to AT commands (for example, Serial1.println("ATDT89162007839;"); .
I used cacharreoelectronico's implementation and code as a base.
(http://cacharreoelectronico.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-05-04T14%3A15%3A00%2B02%3A00&max-results=7)
But i do not have siemens data cable so i used a telephone line copper wire as connector to the phone's Rx pin, together with connector from power adapter for Siemens.
When i send AT commands to the phone it just turns on screen's background light, thats all. No call is made. When i dial this number from phone manually, it calls.
Same with cacharreoelectronico's example, i don't have phone's Tx connected. The only pins that are used are ground and power connected to power adapter and Rx.
The reason i dont use a bluetooth - it has high power consumption. I must leave this arduino for months during winter with solar battery. And i must have 24/7 opportunity to query it.
I have 1k resistor between Arduino's Tx and phone's Rx, and 2,5k resistor (2,2k+LED) between Tx->Rx and Arduino's ground. I attached Cirquit.jpg for details.
Pin map of my phone: http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W/siemens_c55.shtml

anio

Did you connect the ground pin? Also when the phone is successfully connected (just answers to Serial1.println("AT");) try to call using Serial1.println("ATD+89162007839;");

Messerschmitt

Apr 25, 2011, 01:50 am Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 02:16 am by Messerschmitt Reason: 1
My ground pin is connected to my power adapter (it is plugged to network of course), I also improved schematics adding 15k resistor to CTS DTS DCD as shown in cacharreo's scheme - still doesnt work :/ . No answer to AT command also. my phone number is ok - when i call it from the phone it calls

Addition: All works. Telephone's connection is higly sensitive to wire contact quality. That was the problem. Im thinking of disassembling the phone and making direct solder of contacts. Thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy