Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Small negative voltage on analog input  (Read 453 times)
Slovakia
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello.
I have just one easy question - will a small negative voltage on the analog input damage the Arduino board (Mega 2560)?
My project involves reading some volages from a measuring circuit, and sometimes (when the measured device operates at a higher frequency than the op-amp in the circuit can handle accurately), about -10mV to -15mV appears on the analog input. Is this a problem for the board?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Hello.
I have just one easy question - will a small negative voltage on the analog input damage the Arduino board (Mega 2560)?
My project involves reading some volages from a measuring circuit, and sometimes (when the measured device operates at a higher frequency than the op-amp in the circuit can handle accurately), about -10mV to -15mV appears on the analog input. Is this a problem for the board?

Shouldn't be a problem. The negative spec is -.5 below ground I believe. That's when the internal negative clamping diode will start to conduct and it can only handle a small amount of current. So -10 - -15 mv should not be a problem in my opinion.

Lefty

Slovakia
View Profile

Thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: