Go Down

Topic: Sanguino - blink doesn't work (Read 2844 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

That is great that they have done that. It is a very useful design, and I feel much more comfortable with the revised instructions.

If I may suggest, that particular light has been hidden under a bushel a bit. I never spotted that process documented anywhere (no doubt it is, but no-one pointed me to it).
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

ElectricWater

I just added Sanguino capability to 2 Arduino 0022 installations last weekend: one was Windows XP and the other Linux. In both cases I simply copied the Sanguino folder into the arduino-0022/hardware folder. After burning the Sanguino bootloader into a pair of new 644P chips I was able to upload the blink sketch properly onto them in both the Windows and Linux installations, and pin 13 did indeed do the blink thing. :) I have yet to try using any of the libraries, however.
Inconveniencing electrons one drop at a time

Coding Badly

Apr 21, 2011, 09:07 am Last Edit: Apr 21, 2011, 09:15 am by Coding Badly Reason: 1
Thank you so much. That works perfectly!

You are welcome!  I'm glad it worked.

Thanks, CodingBadly

@westfw, you are also welcome!

One query, you said ... ADABoot_644p.hex ... But the supplied bootloader files are actually ... ATmegaBOOT_644P.hex
Does that mean the bootloader directory...

That is one sharp eye you have!  You are welcome to change the directory name as you see fit.  Just change the entry in boards.txt to match...

ADABoot644P.bootloader.path=ADABootloader

and/or the boards.txt file should be modified to suit the file names?

The entry in boards.txt needs to be changed to match the filename...

ADABoot644P.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_644P.hex

Coding Badly

That is great that they have done that. It is a very useful design, and I feel much more comfortable with the revised instructions.

I agree.  I hate monkeying (too much  ]:D) with the Arduino directory.  It's also nice that libraries and third-party cores now survive an upgrade.

If I may suggest, that particular light has been hidden under a bushel a bit. I never spotted that process documented anywhere (no doubt it is, but no-one pointed me to it).

I honestly cannot remember where (or even if) I read about the new directory structure.  The only reason I know it so well is from maintaining the Tiny Core.

westfw

that particular light has been hidden under a bushel a bit.

I honestly cannot remember where (or even if) I read about the new directory structure.

I tracked it down.  It is somewhat described in conjunction with libraries (which makes some sense, but I wish there was a pointer from the "hardware" sections as well.

http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Environment#libraries where it says:
Third-Party Hardware

Support for third-party hardware can be added to the hardware directory of your sketchbook directory. Platforms installed there may include board definitions (which appear in the board menu), core libraries, bootloaders, and programmer definitions. To install, create the hardware directory, then unzip the third-party platform into its own sub-directory. (Don't use "arduino" as the sub-directory name or you'll override the built-in Arduino platform.) To uninstall, simply delete its directory.

For details on creating packages for third-party hardware, see the platforms page on the Google Code developers site.

And the referenced page has more details:
http://code.google.com/p/arduino/wiki/Platforms

Go Up