Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: please remove auto format keyboard short cut  (Read 932 times)
gedrop
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

please remove the auto format keyboard short cut!

because i use a web-browser, i press CMD+T allot.. to get tabs, and so often i accidentally press CMD+T in the arduino IDE. and then end up finding my script all different from how i typed them.. and then it is usually to late to go for CMD+Z...

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Do you mean CTRL+T?

I have never done that by accident - but I also do not like what the autoformatting does sometimes, in terms or organzing  a set of lines, orthe extra blank lines that get added. It is good for checking the matching of (), {}, etc. tho.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

gedrop
View Profile

Do you mean CTRL+T?

i use a mac there it is CMD+T.

Georgia, US
Arduino makes my head hurt :(
View Profile

In OS X Cmd == Ctrl basically

I think we should be able to edit our hot keys, what works for one person sucks for another...

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

I'm not trying to be a troll but why do you accidentally press cmd+T in the wrong window very often? Why is cmd+Z too late?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Edison Member
Have you testrun your INO file today?
View Profile

I think we should be able to edit our hot keys, what works for one person sucks for another...
... or is impossible on some national keyboards. On my DK keyboard the "/" is a shift-7. And SHIFT-CTRL-/ is not the (un-)comment command  smiley-mad

gedrop
View Profile

pressing 'control z' will undo one change at a time, but it will not jump to the position of what you undo. so if there are allot of undoes you will not be able to know how much you are undoing.. unless you have excellent memory.. getting older so this will only get worse.. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: