Go Down

Topic: HD44780 Doesn't Reinit After Power Off/On (Read 3811 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

Great! Let me know if you have any questions on my libraries or hardware.

gerschu

By the way, i had a similar issue with no reset after power off, using photoduino board with the uno.
I cut the bridge at reset-en on board, voila : solved

palitu

Hey, i posted this on adafruit just now, but though i would share the love for anyone searching:

Hey,

I have quite a bit about this issue, and haven't really found an explanation or proper solution.

I am using a freeduino leonardo,and read somewhere that the LCD needs ~15ms prior to it being initialised. To fix it, i simply put a delay in the setup() function.

haven't had an issue yet.

Code: [Select]
void setup() {
    delay(20);
    lcd.begin(16, 4);
}

floresta

You have resurrected an ancient thread for this non-news.

I am using a freeduino leonardo,and read somewhere that the LCD needs ~15ms prior to it being initialised. To fix it, i simply put a delay in the setup() function.

I wonder if that is why the LCD initialization in the library starts out with a 50000 uS (50 mS) delay?  You haven't 'fixed' anything with that added delay unless you have an extremely out-of-spec display.

You should be more concerned with the improper cursor positioning on lines 3 and 4 of the 16x4 displays.

Don

Go Up