Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: How do I write core for an abandoned board?  (Read 1581 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thanks, will give it a try.
I think in my case was somewhat user induced - windows vista appears to have some "virtual c:\program files" kind of thing going on, I got caught up in that and the regular c:\program files, my arduino stuff is now all over the place and not working at all.  Old Sony Vaio just died (opened it up to add more memory, now it won't even boot, evenwith putting the old memory back), so we just got a $350 HP Pavilion laptop at Bestbuy to replace it. Big performance differnce over a 2004 era machine, even at 2.2 GHz. Was small & light too, great for airplane travelling. New one is not too bad, touch heavier at 5.1 lbs I think.
So now every computer in the house has a different operating system - my old desktop with XP, son's old desktop changed from XP to Linux, my laptop with Vista, hers with Windows7, son's Mac with SnowLeopard or something.  Configuration nightmare!

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Smithfield, Rhode Island
God Member
View Profile

And you get to support it all! I finally got all the PCs on to Windows 7, except my netbook which is about dead anyhow and of course the kid's Mac...

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I'm not messing with what's working smiley Not at $200 a pop for Win7 licences, and then having to reinstall years of applications...

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: