Go Down

Topic: DC Amp and Watt Hour meter, for Small Solar Power Setup. (Read 3942 times) previous topic - next topic

phonetic

Im a newbie, just joined up, im looking at using Arduino 2009 and LCD sheild, for a monitoring device for a small stand alone Solar and Battery setup at a remote location, would like to have some data logging to a SD Card and read later on a laptop.
need current range 0-20amps for charging current, 0-40 amps load current, looking at using iron core toroids and hall effect sensors for DC current Transformers, and resistors to scale 0-30 volts to 0-5 v analouge inputs
I have some ideas, but need some help to start.
Regards
Frank
Melbourne AU

Ran Talbott

A couple of these might be just what you're looking for.  Note the "couple": it's a unipolar sensor, so you'll need one for the panel-to-battery path, and one for battery-to-load.

Graynomad

The ACS712 can to +-30A, Allegro make a large version but I can't remember the part number.

EDIT: Found it ACS758, version up to +-200A but the smallest does +-50A which would be just right.
______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

tkbyd

For the record-to-SD requirement...

On option...

http://www.sheepdogguides.com/arduino/ar3ne1sd.htm

(That shield also gives you a RTC, which might be useful)

With ANY use of an SD card, as far as I am aware, you need to design carefully so that there is provision to write buffers to the card before it is removed.... Like the "safe to remove" procedure with thumb-drives and Windows (and other OSs? "Mount"/"dismount")

If you are interested in the SD side of your design question, perhaps a separate thread would be a good idea? And if you do that, remember that you can edit your first post in THIS thread to avoid "thread fray".

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy