Go Down

Topic: code (Read 239 times) previous topic - next topic

granteverson

Why is that none of the codes listed in your programs work as written? Every one has some form of it dose not work. Even blink. I finally got it to blink but it will not change when I change the code. Go figure. Liquid Cristal is a complete unknown dark area. It is either in the wrong  library  it can not find it at all. Got a lot of money in paper weights. I do not know or wish to know how to right code it should work as written. I should not have to know code at all cut and past is just not an option, why not? Right? Disappointed, Maybe I just to old to get fireguard out because kids are suppose to to be able to do it. I sure as heck can't. Disappointed. I will keep trying but I am truly Disappointed.

AWOL

Dec 13, 2015, 07:54 pm Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015, 07:56 pm by AWOL
Why is that none of the codes listed in your programs work as written?
Care to share some examples, instead of simply ranting?

Maybe I just to old to get fireguard out because kids are suppose to to be able to do it
Fire guard?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

UKHeliBob

I finally got it to blink but it will not change when I change the code.
Please post your changed version here, describe what is not working and we will provide help.
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Robin2

I hope all the code I have posted on the Forum works out-of-the box. If not please let me know so I can do something about it.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

weedpharma

"Tis a poor workman that blames his tools."

Thousands of people have no problems with the software.

Weedpharma

CrossRoads

And yet the software is a continual work in progress and many do have problems.
I'm still using IDE 1.0.6 while 1.6.x works out its issues.  All that's needed for most '328P, 1284P, and most (smaller) 2560 programs.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

weedpharma

The complaint refers to the basic software not to the IDE. If he cannot get blink working it is not a problem with the supplied sketch. IDE maybe.

Weedpharma

Robin2

Thousands of people have no problems with the software.
I am prepared to accept that the OP has had problems getting examples to work and I would be happy to help if I can.

But that requires the OP to provide some specific examples of the exact program and the hardware he/she tried to run it on.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy