Go Down

Topic: Problem in uploading code uno clone (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

Vaibhav2710

I have a problem. I have arduino uno r3 clone. It is not recognised by my Windows 7 ultimate computer. I have done every thing. I downloaded ch340g driver and try to update driver from device manager but none helped me. I have also tried to upload program from android but this time I also failed. Do u think can i upload program in Windows 8. Plz reply me
I have re installed driver ch340g, tried a different usb cable too and bought another uno clone but still I can't upload program plz help me
Can u add clone drivers to your IDE in your new update this will help us  plz help me

pert

Do you see anything new show up in Device Manager after you plug the clone's USB cable into your computer?

Vaibhav2710

No, I have only found unknown device and I tried to update it but I failed if any other query about this plz tell me
Thanks

pert

That was a very vague answer. Does an unknown device show up in Device Manager after you plug in the clone?

Vaibhav2710

Feb 03, 2019, 07:51 am Last Edit: Feb 03, 2019, 07:53 am by Vaibhav2710
Sorry sir but it is true I have only found other devices and when I clicked in it I get unknown device section I have also uninstalled it and tried to replug the clone in but this also I have found same.

pert

I'll ask again:

Does an unknown device show up in Device Manager after you plug in the clone?

This question requires a "yes" or "no" answer.

pert

We need to know which USB chip your clone uses. The chip is the largest black chip near to the USB jack on the board. There will be some writing on it that identifies it. The most common will say either CH340 or MEGA16U2, but there are some other less common chips.

Vaibhav2710

Sir I have found a square chip near usb jack with written MEGA16U2

sterretje

That 16U2 should work out of the box. No need for the CH340 driver

Does the unknown device in device manager show a VID and  PID when you go to its properties? If so, which one.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Vaibhav2710

Sir I don't know what is VID and PID but I'll try your suggestions

pert

VID and PID are numbers that identify the manufacturer and model of a USB device. Here's how you can find the VID and PID of a USB device in Device Manager:
  • Open Device Manager
  • Double click on the unknown device.
  • Click on the "Details" tab.
  • From the "Property" dropdown menu, select "Hardware Ids"

The "Value" field will now display the VID and PID. For example:
Code: [Select]

USB\VID_2341&PID_0042&REV_0001
USB\VID_2341&PID_0042

We can see that the VID of this device is 2341 (that's Arduino's VID) and the PID is 0042 (that's the PID of the Arduino/Genuino Mega).

Vaibhav2710

Sir I have found it
VID-2341
PID-0043

pert

That VID/PID indicates that you have an Uno with the ATmega16U2 USB to TTL serial adapter chip.

Vaibhav2710

Feb 12, 2019, 12:54 pm Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 02:08 pm by Vaibhav2710
It means i have to download atmega16u2 driver
If yes can you please give me the link of best driver

Go Up