Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Multiple Server page sends called when responding to an HTTP GET  (Read 487 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I know the WiServer library calls the assigned send page routine multiple times when serving an HTML page to get around the limited buffer space. Each call to the assigned send page routine basically regenerates the entire page but the library only uses and sends out a portion of the page each time called. Pretty slick way to get around the limited buffer issue but creates a lot of additional processing overhead. The pages I'm serving have dynamic content and generating the data for the page is somewhat processor intensive and a little time consuming. I would like to generate the dynamic data only once each time the page is served. To do this I will need to know when the send page routine is FIRST called when sending a page. That way I could generate the variable or dynamic data, store it in memory and then generate the page being served from that stored data each time the send page routine is called rather than having to regenerate the dynamic data EACH time the send page routine is called. Any sugestions on how I can detect the first time the send page function is called when sending out an HTML document?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: