Go Down

Topic: profile info reverted after a while (Read 272 times) previous topic - next topic

daysleeper

Feb 05, 2019, 01:59 pm Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 02:23 pm by daysleeper
Why the changes i've made on my profile info (https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=your number) are marked as accepted, i can see them refreshing forum pages, but after a while they are reverted back to the old ones???

Actually the new mail remains changed, but the other info don't.
Se è stupido ma funziona allora non è stupido.

daysleeper

It doesn't, I don't log in via Google account...  :smiley-confuse:

PaulS

Be (more) specific. What data is reverted? After how long?

If you are making changes to add a signature with a URL, and that is not accepted, there are good reasons for that.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

daysleeper

Tried without signature, same behavior.
The reverted data are (at least): Personal Text, Website title and Website URL.
Still receive the "Your profile has been updated successfully." green message and can see the new info in the posted messages.
Data are reverted back after 30-60 min.

Coding Badly

Pick one.  Change it.  Report what happens after ~1 hour.

daysleeper

Everything was empty except "personal text", which was "abc".
Reverted back again...  >:(

pert

I had similar problems with Website title and Website URL and reported them here:
https://github.com/arduino/forum-issues/issues/194
By some miracle, it eventually stuck but other people have reported still having the same issue.

I'd like make a modification to my URL but I'm afraid to mess with it. The original intention was to link to my projects on GitHub but they are now mixed in with my collection of >1500 forked repositories for pull requests that haven't been merged yet.

I never tried to add personal text so I can't say whether that was a problem in my case.

What happens if you only add the personal text and leave the website fields empty?

daysleeper

It reverts, now I'm trying to leave everything empty...

daysleeper

The issue remains...

The github post seems to be the same case, i'm quite surprised that no one even confirmed if it's a system bug or a system choice...  :o

PaulS

The issue remains...

The github post seems to be the same case, i'm quite surprised that no one even confirmed if it's a system bug or a system choice...  :o
You can be sure that if the same level of effort was put into the payroll system that issued paychecks to the Arduino team as is put into the forum, the size of the Arduino team would drop sharply. Maybe then those that remained would pay SOME attention to the forum (software).
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

pert

I wasn't too surprised when nobody took notice of my issue report. Later, when ffissore (one of the lead IDE developers at that time) bumped the issue, labeled it a critical bug, assigned it to an employee, and it still was ignored for years; that was a bit amazing to me. I understand sometimes there are tricky bugs that nobody knows how to fix. But if so, at least they could take a couple of minutes to write a response to that effect within a month or two.

Go Up