Go Down

Topic: serial plotter not shown in tools menu (Read 80 times) previous topic - next topic

federicotaddei

Hi, i am new with Arduino and I cannot find a hint for this problem i am having. I am using an Arduino UNO board with Debian jessie 8.3. I have checked versions installed, arduino is 2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4 and librtxtx-java is 2.2pre2-13
The problem is that when i look for Serial plotter in the tools menu, it doesn't appear, it is not shown. I have been looking for questions/answers about this problem, but couldn't find any. Could someone give me a hand with this? Thanks!

pert

The problem is that you're using an extremely outdated version of the Arduino IDE, from before the Serial Plotter feature was added. This is because you used apt install arduino to install the Arduino IDE. You should never use a package manager to install the Arduino IDE because you will get an outdated and/or randomly modified unofficial version of the Arduino IDE. Instead, you should always download and install the official Arduino IDE from:
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

federicotaddei

Thanks Pert!! i uninstalled and reinstalled arduino packages following your advice. Everything works now! thanks a lot

pert

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per

Go Up