Go Down

Topic: ADS1015 gives strange output (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

funwey

Feb 12, 2019, 03:00 am Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 03:04 am by funwey
I am using two ADS 1015 to read from 7 potentiometers - one ADS1015 with cluster of 4 potentiometers and the other with 3.  All are working correctly except one potentiometer (from within the cluster of 4) - its output remains within a small band/variation unless I move the other potentiometers - only then this output changes to full range.  I constructed two different such sets and the same thing happens.  has anyone encounter such problem before ? - i.e. the ADC output of one of the potentiometers depends on the values of other inputs?

An additional note - I am using single-ended mode to read the absolute values from each potentiometer, not the differences across inputs.

wvmarle

Sounds like a wiring error to me. But it's hard to say, as you forgot to provide basic information about your project such as a schematic drawing of your circuit, nor the sketch you use (it could be a programming error as well, of course).
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

MarkT

Post details of all the hardware, your schematic, and your code, otherwise there's no way to help.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up