Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: POWERTIP DISPLAY LCD PC2004LRU-AWA-HG  (Read 1540 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

when I try to run any lcd example, the screen will show nothing unless I set the number of lines in lcd.begin to 1 (or 0), if I do lcd.begin(20,4) (its a 20*4) screen, the screen doesnt show anything, but if I do lcd.begin(20,1) it shows. What's wrong?

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Read floresta's responses on this thread:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,51198

I suspect you didn't connect a potentiometer, connected it wrong or adjusted it wrong.

View Profile

Done!, what hapened this time is that this display uses negative voltage for contrast adjust, so you have to slightly modify the tutorial on lcd screens, you haver to attach -5 v to one side of the potentiometer, gnd to the other side, and the middle pin goes to the contrast adjust (pin 3 of the lcd screen) but anyway, thanks for your fast answer!
Now I will have to find a way to supply -5 volts to the potentiometer, because right now Im doing it using an atx power supply haha

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

what hapened this time is that this display uses negative voltage for contrast adjust
If you  research the letters after 'PC2004' you will probably find that you have an extended temperature display and these frequently require a negative voltage.

Don

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: