Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GPRS HILO firmware upgrade using arduino UNO  (Read 1552 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, I am trying to follow this tutorial (http://www.libelium.com/squidbee/index.php?title=Uploading_the_firmware) to upgrade the firmware of my HILO GPRS module (mounted on the Libelium shield) using the arduino UNO.
The instructions say to put the DTR line of the arduino Duemilanove to ground, however I am not able to locate that line on my arduino UNO. Could someone help me? Why is it necessary to put the DTR line to ground?

United States (Texas)
God Member
Arduino socks
View Profile

if i recall the dtr pin controls the automatic reset of the arduino. i think that by pulling dtr low you keep the processor in constant reset mode and it keeps it from interfering with the serial communication. a jumper between the reset line and ground should do the same thing.

View Profile

Thanks for the answer.
I tried doing that, with a jumper wire between RESET and GND, but the update process stops after the first step (saving parameters) and shows the error in the attached image.
If I try to open a serial connection to the module, it works.
For example I set the baud rate at 115200 and verified it with the commands
Code:
AT+IPR=115200
AT+IPR?

Any suggestion?

* hilo1.png (51.42 KB, 578x354 - viewed 12 times.)

View Profile

The information above is incomplete: after that warning window appears, if I proceed (retry), then the first step (saving parameters) completes (OK) and the second one (Downloading) starts (Running).
You can see this status in the first picture attached below.

Then, after a few seconds, the error in the second picture appears (module detection failed during download synchronization).

If I try to proceed (retry), then after some time a final error happens and the process stops, I can only shut the updater program down.
This final error is shown in the third attachment of this reply.

I think the synchronization problem could be due to the DTR line not being properly set to GND.

* hilo2.png (48.31 KB, 579x361 - viewed 7 times.)

* hilo3.png (14.65 KB, 453x214 - viewed 7 times.)

* hilo4.png (7.81 KB, 293x133 - viewed 7 times.)

View Profile

I solved this.
I used a SERIAL cable with a serial connector towards the pc and separated 5V, TX, RX and GND pins on the other.
Then I directly connected the TX/RX pins to the shield which was powered using the arduino 5V and GND outputs.

View Profile

I solved this.
I used a SERIAL cable with a serial connector towards the pc and separated 5V, TX, RX and GND pins on the other.
Then I directly connected the TX/RX pins to the shield which was powered using the arduino 5V and GND outputs.

Hi can you please help me how to update firmware using serial cable?

i am trying to get my module working form last 2 weeks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: