Go Down

Topic: library(s) location ? & Protothread use (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Apr 29, 2011, 06:10 pm Last Edit: Apr 29, 2011, 08:16 pm by tomswell Reason: 1
I'm a newbee running Arduino 0022 on a MAC OSX platform had trouble geting directory linkages correct;
this I have learned:

need to learn to spell Arduino correctly and accurately

if you have Arduino folders in more than one location your likely to get confused ....

The "built-in" libraries are located in the Arduino App Bundle.
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/

I set the Sketchbook location preferences to >  /Users/tws/Documents/Ardurino/libraries
but placed downloaded library in >  /Users/tws/Applications/Arduino/libraries

When I place  UN-Zipped Protothread which yielded (PT 1.4) folder {I renamed Protothread} in sketchbook library location
 I'm getting more than example sketches show.

Example sketches imply
#include <pt.h>

When I import I end up with

#include <lc-addrlabels.h>
#include <lc-switch.h>
#include <lc.h>
#include <pt-sem.h>
#include <pt.h>

Questions :

Can a library folder be named anything one wants.

Do I need to include other than <pt.h> ?

Is protothreading overkill when all i want to do is run a simple a digital sensor loop that triggers a quick servo action when actuated AND every minute or so break long enough to blink (count) number of times, representing a the number of triggered actions ... likely less than 20.
count() is set to zero at start-up

wildbill

Is protothread overkill

Very much so. Let's see if I can type this before someone else says it: look at the blink without delay tutorial  ;)

thanks for comment .... I'm just begining to figure out patterns :  classes , functions , nesting of events , _local variables, naming conventions ... who gets declared where. It's a bit much to take in all at once.
I'll play with blink with delay

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy