Well i got the 8mhz 3v3 328p working. I used arduino IDE bootloader with usbtiny.
I did however download arduino files from GIT and unpack Hex files from that.
I was getting very worried i'd screwup flashing bootloader. I'd tried to get atmega88 3v3 8mhz optiboot with no luck, 16mhz works great.
Well got it working with at90usb162 usb/serial using re-complied arduino serial/dfu.
When i said modded, i meant diy pcb. I'm proud of it but wouldn't pay for one LOL!!!
Well i will have to do something now got it working
Would be interested in 'optifix' details,thanks
Ps i do have proper button but that was nearest at that moment