Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno with WiFly shield posting data to pachube (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi all,

I'm using an Arduino Uno with a WiFly shield from Sparkfun (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9954) to try to post home energy use data to pachube.  It works - the first time when I fire it up, but then it does not work on the following loops.  Here is the posting code...  is there something I need to send at the end to close the link?

I'm using WiFly.h library (http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25216)

Code: [Select]
SpiSerial.println("open pachube.com 80");
  SpiSerial.print("POST /api/");
  SpiSerial.print(".csv?_method=put HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: www.pachube.com\r\n");
  SpiSerial.print("X-PachubeApiKey: ");
  SpiSerial.print("\r\nContent-Length: ");
  SpiSerial.print("\r\nConnection: close\r\n");

Any ideas?

Bear in mind, I don't use pachube OR the SpiSerial library, but I do use the Wifly Shield and connect with the open command. I think you need to close the connection.

If you do:

While the connection is open, it will send that to the pachube page.

You need to go into command mode (Which should close the connection if open) and, as a redundency, issue the "close" command.

Then you can redo

and start the process all over again.

Using SpiSerial and delays, the process looks like this:

delay(500);  // Guard time for entry to Command Mode.
SpiSerial.print("$$$");  // Command Mode.
delay(500);  // Guard time again, The module will have entered Command Mode 250 ms prior to this delay ending.
SpiSerial.println("close"); // Just in case the module was already IN Command Mode.

Linux and Arduino, two great things that go great together!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131