Go Down

Topic: Atmega328 vs Atmega328p....what are the differences? (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic

oric_dan

Bob, on a slightly different tack, is there a difference, other than the chip-signature,
between using a 1284 versus 1284P chip with the Bobuino or other 1284P bootloader?

Also, what does the pins.ods file in the Bobuino variant directory do?

CrossRoads

Dan,
What you can is is browse the spec
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc8272.pdf
(which I can't seem to download at the moment)
and search/find all occurrences of 'atmega2184p' which will find all the instances of uniquenesses of atmega1284p vs all the samenesses between 1284/p.
pico power, signature bytes, brownout detection might be 1 or 2 other things.

I don't know what pins.ods does, need to open when I get home & see.  maniacbug put all that together, the pins_arduino.h was modified for my board types, the other files are all likely the same.

I think the 1284 boards all point to same bootloader - check the boards.txt to confirm.
I can upload the one I am using, which flashes the SCK pin after the install. I think it is the same as what is on the github site.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

Finally downloaded, the May 2012 complete version.
Page 62,63 - interrupt difference

For the charts that start at Section 28 & 29, you'd have to look at the two side by side to see the difference between non-Pico and Pico power.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

retrolefty

Finally downloaded, the May 2012 complete version.
Page 62,63 - interrupt difference

For the charts that start at Section 28 & 29, you'd have to look at the two side by side to see the difference between non-Pico and Pico power.

Seems the P version has a timer3 that the non P doesn't, that's rather significant. Does manics port define and support timer 3?

retrolefty

Dan,
What you can is is browse the spec
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc8272.pdf
(which I can't seem to download at the moment)
and search/find all occurrences of 'atmega2184p' which will find all the instances of uniquenesses of atmega1284p vs all the samenesses between 1284/p.
pico power, signature bytes, brownout detection might be 1 or 2 other things.

I don't know what pins.ods does, need to open when I get home & see.  maniacbug put all that together, the pins_arduino.h was modified for my board types, the other files are all likely the same.

I think the 1284 boards all point to same bootloader - check the boards.txt to confirm.
I can upload the one I am using, which flashes the SCK pin after the install. I think it is the same as what is on the github site.

I opened a pins.ods file and it opened up into an open office spreadsheet, so perhaps it's just an aid/tool he uses to build his various custom pins_arduino.h file?

Lefty

Go Up