Go Down

Topic: Eagle layout help- routing (Read 892 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Hi gang,
I have a 80mm x 100mm board that I layed out & autorouted, didn't go thru 100%.
I want to re-do the layout, and change a couple of parts, go from a couple of thru hole-discrete transistors to a surface mount ULN2003 for example, move some driver parts closer to the edge connectors, etc.
The schematic has been updated. I went thru & ripped up the signals so I could move parts around so the layout could reflect the revised signal flow.
However, I can't seem to get rid of the vias that were created. I thought if I just let it autoroute it might take care of those.
Seems it did not. Autorouter has been chewing on it for a couple of hours now, the part of the board I was viewing when it started is a routing mess, it's still going, and is up to 94.8%.
Well, its down to 365 vias from over 1000 at one point, so maybe its cleaning things up as it goes.

Once it stops, how can I get rid of the vias so I have a clean set of airwire to work from for modifying the layout some more?

Thanks
Robert
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

RuggedCircuits

Vias are deleted using the RIPUP command, not DELETE as you would expect.

--
The Quick Shield: breakout all 28 pins to quick-connect terminals

CrossRoads

Yes, I tried that, it wouldn't make them go away.
Okay, finally finished, says 89% complete, so this layout obviously needs work.

Hmm, when I select Ripup up and click a signal multiple times, the vias are going away now.
I have the view to Top & Bottom layers now.  I wonder if starting with viewing only the Top and then only the Bottom when starter the Ripup last time was affecting it?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

RuggedCircuits

Yes, ripup will only rip up traces on visible layers.

--
Beat707: MIDI drum machine / sequencer / groove-box for Arduino

liudr

Yes, ripup will only rip up traces on visible layers.

--
Beat707: MIDI drum machine / sequencer / groove-box for Arduino

I didn't know that. Thanks.

BTW, ripup @; will rip up polygons, those I used for ground planes.

Leon Heller

The Eagle autorouter is rubbish, route the board manually.
Leon Heller
G1HSM

CrossRoads

I have resorted to routing by hand, if only to better layout the components. I'm also tweaking it electrically as I go, using different paths thru an inverer chip for instance, to cut down on a lot of the crossed wires.  The faint blue "air wires" make it a little difficult to see what is going on unless zoomed, and then I can't see enough of the board to make placements that would let it route easier.

mowcius

Go Up