Go Down

Topic: Music changing led strip (Read 119 times) previous topic - next topic

Kourkounatos

Hello,i have an installed 5m RGB led strip behind my office and i have an arduino mega 2560.What i want to do is to listen to music and leds dimming according to the rythm.My problem is that i don't listen to music loudly but via my headphones through my PC.So how can i take the input of the headphones as the input for the leds to dim?

INTP

MSGEQ7 will take the audio via 3.5mm plug and let you do all kinds of things

Kourkounatos

Do you mean this shield?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13116

The problem is that i don't know how to connect the rgb led strip with this shield...

Helmuth

Sep 10, 2016, 08:27 am Last Edit: Sep 10, 2016, 08:31 am by Helmuth
The problem is that i don't know how to connect the rgb led strip with this shield...
You connect the MSGEQ7 shield to your Arduino and read the spectrum data. Here is a good tutorial explaining how to do this.

Then you write a program that controls some of your output pins depending on this data.

Now you just need a little circuit which allows you to drive the RGB strip from the pins. Here an example how this could look like.

In case you have an "adressable" led strip you can connect it directly to the Arduino using one resistor.

Helmuth.

Kourkounatos

Okk.i will buy the shield and i will follow the instructions and i will let you know about the result!Thank you!!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy