Go Down

Topic: Help with Colorduino (Read 198 times) previous topic - next topic

W4KRL

Can someone please help me to get a Colorduino running? The IDE complains about a library file.

There are several libraries for the Colorduino but each one has failed me in one way or another. The most recent seems to be Colorduino_GFX at https://github.com/DinoTools/Colorduino_GFX. This also requires the Adafruit_GFX library https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library. The Colorduino is marked V2.0 geeetech.com but there is nothing on that website. I have it connected to FTDI adapter with the IDE set to Nano. The IDE talks to the Colorduino.

None of the examples work. The IDE returns this message:

In file included from sketch_sep30a.ino:4:0:
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX/Colorduino_GFX.h:37:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define RST* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(A0))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX/Colorduino_GFX.h:38:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define LAT* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(A1))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX/Colorduino_GFX.h:39:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define SLB* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(A2))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX/Colorduino_GFX.h:40:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define SCL* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(6))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX/Colorduino_GFX.h:41:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define SDA* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(7))
            ^
In file included from C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX\Colorduino_GFX.cpp:22:0:
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX\Colorduino_GFX.h:37:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define RST* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(A0))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX\Colorduino_GFX.h:38:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define LAT* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(A1))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX\Colorduino_GFX.h:39:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define SLB* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(A2))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX\Colorduino_GFX.h:40:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define SCL* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(6))
            ^
C:\Users\Karl\Box Sync\Arduino\libraries\Colorduino_GFX\Colorduino_GFX.h:41:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]
 #define SDA* portOutputRegister(digitalPinToPort(7))
            ^

Sketch uses 6,768 bytes (22%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 112 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,936 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

Here is the sketch:

//Include all required libraries first.
    #include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
    #include <Colorduino_GFX.h>

//Create a new Colorduino instance.
    ColorduinoPanel Colorduino;

//Initialize the Colorduino and set the white-balance in the setup() function.
    void setup() {
      Colorduino.init();
      Colorduino.setWhiteBalance(36, 63, 63);
    }

//Now the Colorduino is ready to use.
    void loop() {
        GFX_Color_t color = Colorduino.color(255, 0, 0);
        Colorduino.drawLine(0, 0, 7, 7, color);
        Colorduino.swapBuffers(true);
    }

Riva

Sounds like the geeetech.com thing is maybe a clone of one of the itead models here or here.
Your using an FTDI to program your colorduino so I assume it's probably a clone of the 1.4 version. Does the demo code on the wiki page work okay if you upload it? If not then getting it to work could be difficult. If the demo works then the wiki also links to other sites including one by Lincomatic that does have libraries but I cannot reach the site ATM
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy