Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino and LED pixel controller  (Read 172 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, my name is Flo and I'm building a 32x32 LED pixel display using RGB pixels with IC/TM1903 chip and as LED pixel controller I have the T-4000S. Until now all is clear  smiley . Beside preconfigured animation I want to display sensor data (temperature, humidity, time, date, etc.) does anybody know how could I accomplish this?
P.S. I have attached a picture of the T-4000S controller
Thank you in advance for your advice

* T_4000_SD_card_controller.jpg (2243 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 15 times.)

View Profile

The T4000 appears to be a self-contained unit, there is not really a way to control it via Arduino.

The TM1903 appears to be an LED driver chip similar to WS2811, but without a datasheet for TM1903 it's hard to tell (I didn't find one).

Hooking up a scope to the output of the T4000 might give you some clues.

Please don't PM me asking for help. Ask questions in the forum.

View Profile

Ah, so of course FastLED is *the* library for driving LEDs. https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED

It already supports 1903 driver chips so it should be a simple matter of wiring, no scope required!

Please don't PM me asking for help. Ask questions in the forum.

View Profile

yes, of course, I've tried that allready, just for fun. I have made a small 16x16 led pannel to test with Arduino. One question though: is Arduino fast enough to drive a 32x32 led pannel at 24 fps? and besides writing and simple animation I don't know much on the Arduino  smiley-confuse (that's mainly why I bought a controller)
Thank you for your support

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: