Go Down

Topic: RF link display using the ATtiny85 (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic

mingd

Hi carl47, the VW transmitter code works well on the Arduino but I'm having some trouble getting the receiver bit working on the ATtiny85. I've modified the code to blink an LED when data is received but nothing happens.

I'm using the same pair of RF modules and the MIT method (http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=1229 ) of programming the tiny. Is the issue that we're using different cores?

carl47

I had a look at MIT's attiny45_85.zip .

It's written by the same bloke David A. Mellis, however my copy of the core is quite different.

The core that I use is in the Manchester.zip.

Have a try with my core and see.

When I get a problem like this I forget about the final project and go back to basic switch LED on/off.
Then add tiny bits of the final program.

Just a thought.

Coding Badly

It's written by the same bloke David A. Mellis,

Minor correction ... he spells his name Alessandro Saporetti.  (David Mellis updated the package for Arduino 0022)

I normally would not mention it but Alessandro really does deserve credit for his work.

carl47

Oct 26, 2011, 05:40 am Last Edit: Oct 26, 2011, 05:54 am by carl47 Reason: 1
I,m very sorry to leave out Alessandro's name.

However in the MIT core I could only find:

Copyright (c) 2007 David A. Mellis
Copyright (c) 2008 David A. Mellis.  All right reserved.
Copyright (c) 2005-2006 David A. Mellis

The core which I use comes from the site you list:

http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/

In the core from arduino-tiny-0022-0008.zip I could only find:

Copyright 2010 Rowdy Dog Software.
Copyright (c) 2006 Nicholas Zambetti.  All right reserved.
Copyright (c) 2007 David A. Mellis
Copyright (c) 2010 Hernando Barragan.  All right reserved.

Coding Badly

However in the MIT core I could only find

Alessandro marked only the files he modified (pins_arduino.c, pins_arduino.h, WInterrupts.c, etcetera) (A.Saporetti and Saposoft).

The core which I use comes from the site you list

His credit is also in that core in the same places.

I do need to apologize.  In my mind, it is Alessandro's core because he is responsible for getting it to work on the ATtinyX5 processors.  The reality is that the core is the product of many people (including, of course, David Mellis).  It is a shining example of what open source is meant to be.  So, I apologize to David Mellis and Hernando Barragan.  By emphasizing Alessandro's contribution I did not mean to diminish your contributions.

Go Up