Go Down

Topic: wireless audio (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

lulugirl

Hello, I'm a newbie and have a few questions.  I am interested in building a sonic installation in a public park.  I would like to use IR sensors to detect proximity of people to trigger a behavior of pre-recorded audio playback through speakers.

I have done an arduino sketch, but it was attached to my computer.  I would like to create the finished product wirelessly.

Are there any suggestions for what I am thinking?

Thank you!

CrossRoads

Sure - hook arduino with bhagman's MP3 shield and your sensors, run the audio into an amplifier so it can be heard above traffic.
What part do you want wireless?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

lulugirl

Hello, and thank you for the reply.
Since this would be in a place w/out power, I would need all of it to work wirelessly.
Sensor to microcontroller, to behaviour.
Yes?
Lulu

CrossRoads

So you really need 2 microcontrollers talking to each other.
The sensor tells micro1when proximity is met, micro1 sends a message to micro2 which is colocated with the sound creation/amp to play the sounds.
How far apart is the sensor and sound source?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

balam

Go Up