Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: wireless audio  (Read 1923 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, I'm a newbie and have a few questions.  I am interested in building a sonic installation in a public park.  I would like to use IR sensors to detect proximity of people to trigger a behavior of pre-recorded audio playback through speakers.

I have done an arduino sketch, but it was attached to my computer.  I would like to create the finished product wirelessly.

Are there any suggestions for what I am thinking?

Thank you!

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Sure - hook arduino with bhagman's MP3 shield and your sensors, run the audio into an amplifier so it can be heard above traffic.
What part do you want wireless?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Hello, and thank you for the reply.
Since this would be in a place w/out power, I would need all of it to work wirelessly.
Sensor to microcontroller, to behaviour.
Yes?
Lulu

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

So you really need 2 microcontrollers talking to each other.
The sensor tells micro1when proximity is met, micro1 sends a message to micro2 which is colocated with the sound creation/amp to play the sounds.
How far apart is the sensor and sound source?

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

depending on distance
you can use
Xbees
or  http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8482

West palm beach, FL
View Profile

Im hoping this person comes back to clarify things, i was actually looking forward to reading the outcome of this, seems like a pretty cool idea.
Make one of those old school car alarms "Protected by Viper, stand back" when someone approaches my room. seems simple enough though, since my computer is always on, just use 2 Arduinos some Xbees or even cheaper RF links , a motion or laser"type" of detector and send the signal to a listening Arduino at my computer and blast the sound smiley , because in my house knocking is  not a habbit :/

I could print the Arduino logo on a box of cereal and sell it as "Arduin-O's"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: