Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LCD Pinout  (Read 1998 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey Guys and Gals,

I need the pin out for this LCD I have but I am having no luck finding it on the internet here is the PCB's serial number HC20201-B it is made by Hyundai 20 by 2 any help on this would be great thanks

Connecticut
Edison Member
RTFD (Datasheet in our case)
View Profile

Many LCDs now a day operate on the same parallel protocol... If you take a picture of it maybe we can figure out if this is true.

View Profile

I figured it would have a standard and i tested that but I found that power and ground were different than other pinouts i have seen but still here is the pictures.

Värmland, Sweden
View Profile

Hey Guys and Gals,

I need the pin out for this LCD I have but I am having no luck finding it on the internet here is the PCB's serial number HC20201-B it is made by Hyundai 20 by 2 any help on this would be great thanks

According to http://www.topwaydisplay.com/TechnicalInfo/SimularModuleChart/index.htm your LCD is compatible with TM202J.
A quick search on TM202J gives this http://www.datasheets.org.uk/pdf-datasheets/Datasheets-37/DSA-734518.html
Looks a lot like your display.

View Profile

sure does thanks a million now I don't have to buy another LCD

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

The pinout should be the same as for any other HD44780 compatible display, it's only the physical arrangement that is different.  This 2x7 (or 2x8 with backlight) arrangement has been around for decades but the inline configuration is a bit more convenient for use with solderless breadboards.

Don

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

The pinout should be the same as for any other HD44780 compatible display, it's only the physical arrangement that is different.  This 2x7 (or 2x8 with backlight) arrangement has been around for decades but the inline configuration is a bit more convenient for use with solderless breadboards.

Don

Very true Don. I have a bunch newish 40x2 displays that I don't use for the same reason. It's too hard to use on breadboards. If you have an old floppy or hard drive cable, you can connect it to arduino without a breadboard.

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

I understand that you can plug them right into the end of a 'mega' as long as you program the appropriate pins to provide power and ground.

Don

Hyperspace
View Profile

HAHA, OP, I had a dozen of those one time. Surplus galore on those things. I never got the chance to use one, long story :^(

Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. But, by that time you're a mile away and you got his shoes, so screw em'

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: