Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Clear sketches  (Read 498 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello

I'm kinda new with Arduino, just bought an Arduino Uno. I put a program on it that I need for my project. I used the Arduino Uploader, because I had to upload a .hex file.

Now my question is, how do I remove the program from the flash memory :s? I accidentically installed an older version of the program. Does it overwrite eachother every time or do I have to remove te program first..

Thanks in advance !

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

You don't need to clear between uploads.  Each time you upload, the previous sketch will be replaced.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Lisbon, Portugal
Bow before me for I am root.
View Profile

If you're not cautious when uploading the hex file, your bootloader can be replaced.

View Profile

If you're not cautious when uploading the hex file, your bootloader can be replaced.

I can put the bootloader on it again by the Arduino 0022 Software, can you tell me what bootloader it is, in case my bootloader is gone?
Got the Arduino Uno with ATMega328p smiley-grin

Lisbon, Portugal
Bow before me for I am root.
View Profile

If you're burning hex by the command line i assume you've got some ISP.
For the 328p UNO the bootloader can be found in <arduino folder>/hardware/arduino/bootloaders/optiboot/, the file is named optiboot_atmega328.hex; don't forget to unlock and lock when finished bootstraping.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: