Arduino Forum upgrade scheduled for Monday, October 20th, 11am-4pm (CEST). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Processing error message:  (Read 1136 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone. As a relative newbie, I was trying the Learning>Communications>Graph tutorial. Arduino worked fine, but when I tried the processing sketch, it spat out this error message:
         WARNING:  RXTX Version mismatch
   Jar version = RXTX-2.2pre1
   native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2
It does not seem to be anything to do with the code I am running. Whenever I try to read Arduino's output, it produces this message, and the code doesn't work.

If somebody could point me in the right direction, or if there's already a forum post about this, then send me there. Thank you.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Compiled JAVA code goes in a jar file, with a version number associated with it. The Processing application expects one version of the TXRX jar file. You have a different version.

Which OS are you using?

View Profile

I'm using Windows XP with the latest version of Processing/Arduino. What's OS? (sorry, very newbie!)

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

What's OS?
O = Operating
S = System

View Profile

Thank you!  smiley-red Well, I know now.

Have downloaded RXTX-2.2pre2, and de-zipped it. Where and what do I do with it?

Thanks Paul!

View Profile

Hi, I am a complete beginner at this and had been stuck on this one for a while and couldn't find anything in the forums to help me (I now realise that I don't even want to use this graph, but as it had defeated me for so long I wasn't going to let that get in the way of things).

I had the same WARNING message as above (in white), but below that in red a whole load of text in red, which included:-

gnu.io.PortInUseException: Unknown Application
   at

...etc

Well, I ignored/didn't notice that useful piece of advice and carried on tinkering, until much, much, later I realised that perhaps if I had the Arduino software Serial Monitor open the Processing software would not be able to read the serial port.  I closed the Arduino Serial Monitor and hey presto all fine.

I had also been trying to solve this problem without the Arduino connected, thinking that 'Run' in Processing was the same as "Verify/Compile" in Arduino - oh dear.

So two very silly basic errors and lessons learned - just sharing this with all the other novices as I couldn't find anything like this in the forum and it may save at least one person some frustration.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Arduino Forum upgrade scheduled for Monday, October 20th, 11am-4pm (CEST). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Jump to: