Go Down

Topic: MOSFET's? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Anybody have suggestions for MOSFET transistors that work with the 5V from an Arduino? I'm looking for something from DigiKey or Mouser.

I read that part# FQP50N06L from Fairchild was 'logic-level', but I am new to datasheets, and I'm not sure what to look for.

Build your own sentry gun! http://psg.rudolphlabs.com

You found the magic phrase, which is indeed "logic level". The key is to find a guaranteed value for Rds(on) when the gate voltage is 4.5V. For example, the NDP6060L:

When searching at Digi-Key our Mouser use search options that limit the search to those MOSFET's which have guaranteed Rds(on) values at 4.5V and you should be finding all the logic-level MOSFET's.

The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

If you're driving lots of current, make sure you get a part with low Rds also, like down in the 8-10ohm (0.010 , 0.008) range. The lower you get, the cooler it will run.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

I've had good experience (a single project) with RFP30N06LE (coincidentally bought at Sparkfun)

Can anyone recommend a good small LL FET? Say in a SOT23 package, 200mA or thereabouts. I seem to be having all sorts of trouble finding one.

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

How about a 2N7002? It's only <100mA but it's super-cheap. Otherwise, the IRLML2402 is a good choice: Rds(on) of 250mOhms at 4.5V gate voltage. Rated for 20V.

The DIN Rail Mount kit for Arduino: quickly attach your Arduino to standard DIN rail

Thanks RC, they both look good.

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131