Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MOSFET's?  (Read 1072 times)
East Coast USA
Hands in the air!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Anybody have suggestions for MOSFET transistors that work with the 5V from an Arduino? I'm looking for something from DigiKey or Mouser.

I read that part# FQP50N06L from Fairchild was 'logic-level', but I am new to datasheets, and I'm not sure what to look for.

Thanks!

Build your own sentry gun! http://psg.rudolphlabs.com

Faraday Member
ruggedcircuits.com
View Profile

You found the magic phrase, which is indeed "logic level". The key is to find a guaranteed value for Rds(on) when the gate voltage is 4.5V. For example, the NDP6060L:

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/ND/NDB6060L.pdf

When searching at Digi-Key our Mouser use search options that limit the search to those MOSFET's which have guaranteed Rds(on) values at 4.5V and you should be finding all the logic-level MOSFET's.

--
The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

If you're driving lots of current, make sure you get a part with low Rds also, like down in the 8-10ohm (0.010 , 0.008) range. The lower you get, the cooler it will run.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Edison Member
Have you testrun your INO file today?
View Profile

I've had good experience (a single project) with RFP30N06LE (coincidentally bought at Sparkfun)

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

Can anyone recommend a good small LL FET? Say in a SOT23 package, 200mA or thereabouts. I seem to be having all sorts of trouble finding one.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Faraday Member
ruggedcircuits.com
View Profile

How about a 2N7002? It's only <100mA but it's super-cheap. Otherwise, the IRLML2402 is a good choice: Rds(on) of 250mOhms at 4.5V gate voltage. Rated for 20V.

--
The DIN Rail Mount kit for Arduino: quickly attach your Arduino to standard DIN rail

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

Thanks RC, they both look good.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: