Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: speech communication via bluetooth  (Read 606 times)
dundee
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone!

i m engineering student and some how little new with Arduino environment. Friends! i need little assist from you expert out there, these day i am working on one of my course's project which related to wireless communication (bluetooth). my object is to design a system which can establish speech communication with my designed modules and any marketed handsfree device.( electronics designing such Audio amplifier & mic pre-amplifier is nearly completed ). now i have do arduino programming with most suitable Bluetooth modules to establish audio streaming.

there is one bluetooth modules which i had chosen but i am confuse whether it is right choice or not; here is link for my chosen bluetooth module "http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=360"

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

there is one bluetooth modules which i had chosen but i am confuse whether it is right choice or not; here is link for my chosen bluetooth module "http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=360"
DF-BluetoothV3 Bluetooth module uses a unique double-board design, it is beautiful
Well, there is an important design criteria. I'd say you made the right choice.

Are you able to get the Arduino to communicate with the BT device?

Where/how are you getting the audio data that you need to stream to the BT device? Unless this data is already in digital format, the Arduino does not have the processing power, memory, or speed to digitize and stream, via the serial port, audio data.

dundee
View Profile

basically it will be live streaming. if i would describe my object in layman language,so it is like walkie talkie, where at one end there will be arduino with BT module and Mic with amplifier  where as  on another there will be handsfree ( e.g JABRA product). 

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

at one end there will be arduino with BT module and Mic with amplifier
So, you are expecting the Arduino to sample the audio data and send the digitized sample through the BT device at a rate fast enough to result in recognizable sounds at the other end. Good luck with that.

A few minutes with paper and pencil, and knowledge of the speed that you can transmit data via BT (115200 bytes per second), will tell you how many samples you need to take per second. Comparing this with the rate that the Arduino's analog to digital converter can sample the analog (audio) stream will tell you whether your project is feasible (or not).

I'm guessing that the "or not" is the result of your paperwork.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: