Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone from Pennsylvania still around?  (Read 6139 times)
PA, USA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I live in NW Pennsylvania, and I am looking for others in my area that are interested in the Adruino or robotics. I am expecting my first Arduino Mega AVR ATmega1280-16AU in the mail shortly. This will me my first microcontroller project. In the past, I have used crude jamming methods (with doides and gates)to get the desired function. Then moved on to hacking a parallel port on old PC's, and using Qbasic to control it. I am interesting in building robot. This will be my 5th robot, and would like to use all the things I learned from the past.

I want to build a octopod with ultrasound range finders, servos for locomotion, and contact switches for each foot(or equivalent). I would also like the robot to "seek" its charging station when the voltage is low, and "plug" itself in until charged. I also would like the robot to be able to climb stairs and "know" it is up stairs, so if its voltage gets low, it can safely navigate to the downstairs charger. Once I get it mobile I would like to add other functions such as speech recognition. Also optional, would be if the front 2 legs could pivot again and be used as hand.

Thanks in advance.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi,

What part of Pennsylvania?

I'm not very advanced and I have to admit that though I own one, I haven't gotten started with it yet.  I can solder and I'm also interested in different microcontrollers.  I own an Arduino, 4x20 LCD, Sparkfun Joystick and Gameduino.  I also own some Microchip pics, an AT Tiny, an MSP430 and I have a Parallax Propeller.

Until I get to know you, I may suggest a public place like a library, mall or supermarket with food tables.  Even Panera Bread might work.

Feel free to email me.

Chuck

Meadville PA
I'll try any micro controller
View Profile

I too live in Pennsylvania, 30 miles south of Erie, PA. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and have many micro controllers such as the Arduino, Propeller, Basic Stamp, Pic Chips and MSP430. I am currently working on a Arduino Pro Mini interfaced serially with a Propeller.

View Profile

PA as well.. South of allentown.

Lebanon, Pa
View Profile

I am from Lebanon, Pa

View Profile

New to the forum [and sorry for digging up an old thread] - anyone still around?  I'm over in Allentown area (between Easton and Bethlehem).  Went to school for EET and been collecting a lot of electronics parts over the years. Now getting back into it - when not doing house projects or working...

-Greg

Pittsburgh, PA
Photographer // Hacker // Maker // Sr. Embedded SQA Technician // CIS - Pittsburgh, PA
View Profile

Chris from Pittsburgh, PA here. Former US Air Force avionics technician. Day job now is Sr. Embedded SQA Technician. Starting my EE degree shortly. Anyone else around the Pittsburgh area, I'd be great to meet up and bounce around projects.

View Profile

Anyone based in Central PA???

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: