Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Atmega for uno with more memory ram  (Read 2450 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi is there any alternative to the atmega328 with more Ram ?
I'm not talking about the Arduino mega, but replacing the chip in the UNO...

Regards...

'round the world...
Faraday Member
View Profile

Not that I know of...

A good option is, I think, the ATmega1284. It doesn't fit in the ATmega328p socket, but I think there's enough real estate in the board to place one. I'm about to start routing a board with that chip... when I get the time. smiley-sad

Eu não sou o teu criado. Se respondo no fórum é para ajudar todos mediante a minha disponibilidade e disposição. Responder por mensagem pessoal iria contra o propósito do fórum e por isso evito-o.
Se realmente pretendes que eu te ajude por mensagem pessoal, então podemos chegar a um acordo e contrato onde me pagas pela ajuda que eu fornecer e poderás então definir os termos de confidencialidade do meu serviço. De forma contrária toda e qualquer ajuda que eu der tem de ser visível a todos os participantes do fórum (será boa ideia, veres o significado da palavra fórum).
Nota também que eu não me responsabilizo por parvoíces escritas neste espaço pelo que se vais seguir algo dito por mim, entende que o farás por tua conta e risco.

Dito isto, mensagens pessoais só se forem pessoais, ou seja, se já interagimos de alguma forma no passado ou se me pretendes convidar para uma churrascada com cerveja (paga por ti, obviamente).

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

A quick look at the ATmega product family will show that the 328 is the "largest" chip available in the 28 pin package.  So you won't be able to do a drop-in replacement to a Arduino.

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/devices.asp?category_id=163&family_id=607&subfamily_id=760

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Actually, I think the next best option up the ladder (but it won't fit on the Uno carrier) is the 644; I'm pretty sure it is fairly well supported by the Arduino software/IDE as the Sanguino. Something to check out, at least...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Search for my 'hacking the uno" post where I wired up a 644P in place of a 328 on an uno board to take advantage of auto power switching & USB interface. Skyjumper has  been doing the programmig, and is about to order PCBs!
We're gonna plop in a 1284P next on the prototype for even more memory. PCB has 1284P (TQFP) package designed in.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

As others said, try http://sanguino.cc/

It's what I use and it works great

I'm using it even without arduino software

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: