Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 1.8" SPI TFT only displays screen content when I press reset button  (Read 133 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everybody.

It's driving me crazy: I have one (well, two actually) of those 1.8" SPI TFT displays and I just can't get it to work properly.
Usually, it will only display a white background (BG LED) - so I tried several TFT libraries, 3 different Arduinos (Nano, Diecimilia, Mega), both displays and also added 1kOhm resistors to the data lines (read it in another thread) to test.

The interesting part is when I use the Adafruit_QDTech library or the UTFT-based example sketch provided by QDTech, the display will actually show it's content whenever I press the "reset" button on the board - but only for a second or so since the board is restarting smiley-fat

But that tells me that at least my wiring seems to be correct and the display is actually working.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

But that tells me that at least my wiring seems to be correct and the display is actually working.
No.

Most of these run off 3V3 most Arduinos are 5V.

If this is true then:-
also added 1kOhm resistors to the data lines
Is not going to cut it. You need a potential divider to cut down the signals.

Say what you have and link to the display.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi Mike,

thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and replying.
For some reason, I gave my setup another try this morning - and suddenly it worked (with the 1kOhm resistors!
I could swear it was the same configuration as before...

Best regards,
Daniel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: